Gallery4allarts presents ‘SOUL FOOD’ – Arias, Songs and Art
Saturday 5th December 2015, 7:30pm at the Old Police Station, Lark Lane.
A rare chance to hear a selection of brilliant and passionate arias accompanied by Martin Robinson on keyboard and sung by artist and soprano, Nicole Bartos. Programme starting off with selections of ‘arie antiche’ and followed by works from composers such as Handel, Puccini, Verdi, Dvorak, Rachmaninov, Chaikovsky, Catalani, etc.
The event is accompanied by the ongoing art exhibition ‘APERTURES’ from Nicole Bartos and presented only for this event, during interval, with a unique sound background from Roger Edwards’(composer): ‘The ideal music to escape to’ – digital album launch.
Accompanist: Martin Robinson, keyboard/ piano
Nicole Bartos, soprano
Richard Harding & Liverpool Guitar Society quartet, guitar
Here are some details from the vocal and keyboard programme:
(Please, note: this programme outline it might still be subjected to slight changes of order and content)
First half: 7.30 pm – 8.30pm
- G. Giordani/ Giordanello – Caro mio ben (arietta)
- C. Gluck – Oh del mio dolce ardour (aria)
- Handel – Lascia chi’o pianga, (Recitativo ed aria al Rinaldo),
- Puccini – Chi’l bel sogno, (La Rondine), (Magda’s aria), (Ariadna)
- Puccini – Signore, ascolta!, (Turandot), (Liu’s aria)
- Guitar solo – 20 min
- Puccini – O mio babbino caro (Gianni Schichi)
- Puccini- Si. Mi chiamano Mimi (La Boheme) (Mimi’s aria)
- Puccini – Quando m’en vo (La Boheme) (Muzetta’s aria)
- Verdi – Tacea la notte placida, (Leonora’s aria), (The troubadour/ Il Trovatore)
- Verdi – D’amor sull’alli rose/ The execution, (Leonora’s aria), (Il Trovatore/ The Troubadour), (Leonora)
Interval 20 minutes – exhibition & digital album launch: 8.30 – 8.50pm
Second Half: 8.50pm – 9.45pm
- Verdi – Pace, pace, mio Dio, (La forza del destino)
- Verdi – Oh, Don fatale & O, mia Reggina, (Don Carlo) , (Eboli’s aria)
- Verdi – Ave Maria (Othello), (Desdemona)
- Catalani – Ebben ne andro lontana (La Wally, Act I)
- Guitar solo – 15 min
- Puccini- Vissi d’arte (Tosca, Act II
- Verdi – Addio, del passato (La Traviata)(Violetta’s aria)
- Dvořak – Mesičku na nebi hlubokem / Ruszalka’s song to the moon/ (Ruszalka)
- Dvorak – Als die alte Mutter/ Songs my Mother taught me; Op.55, No.4
- Chaikovsky – Stredj shumnovo bala
- Rachmaninov – Zdes horosho
£10.00, Concessions £5.00
Tickets are unreserved and usually available at the door. Tickets can be obtained in advance from the following venues:
The Old Police Station: 0151 728 7884, Monday to Friday; 80 Lark Lane, L17 8UU
News from Nowhere Bookshop: tel. 0151 708 7270; Monday to Saturday; 96 Bold Street, Liverpool, L1 4HY.
(Number of seats limited, therefore please book in advance to secure your seats.)
Doors open at 6.30pm
Access for recital: At the rear of The Old Police Station, via Sefton Grove, off Lark Lane.
Access for the Disabled: yes
Toilets Located opposite the entrance, at the back of entry hall.
For more details and updates please, visit www.gallery4allarts.com